Five handy platforms to help you build a community
Establishing a successful business is more painless now, in the time of online communities and big platforms that support you in perfecting specific tools or business directions. Applying this kind of software, you can connect a community and engage your audience. That is an affordable alternative to collect customers’ feedback, provide partners’ support and create valuable personal relations.
There are different versions on the market. We have selected the ones with features for easy content publishing, management, support and moderation.
- Mighty Networks – The main difference of Mighty Networks compared to similar platforms is it being a package software. In other words, Mighty Networks offers tools for membership management, for marketing for websites and online courses. There is a distinct focus on creating deep relations between members via extremely adaptable users profiles and a members’ section with the possibility to filter colleagues that are nearby, online or new in the community. The platform has its events option for integration into trivial tools like Zoom.
- Tribe – Use this platform to fully personalize the community to reflect at closest your brand’s personality. You can incorporate specific components like activity channels, groups, posts directly into your website. Tribe’s design is inspired by contemporary social media appearance. The tool is highly secure and operates in alignment with GDPR. Tribe allows its members to vote, comment, and answer publications, to create groups that categorize on content base. You can segment people in over 25 international languages. Tribe provides notifications to keep your audience engaged.
- Vanilla Forums – The system has free and paid versions. The main feature and benefit is the possibility to align the brand development direction with specific topics. You can find a moderation tool (merge, edit, delete, ban) and a Q&A section. Vanilla Forums provides options to plan, share and discover events, plus a direct feedback opportunity (RSVP). Among the advantages is the WordPress integration. The label system and the educational articles on how to make it proper coverts the system into a handy tool for customer support.
- Disciple Media – Leading in the building of this platform is the mobile design. The platform provides push notifications and streaming functions, for your next workshop, for example. Plus a dedicated smart folder to store exclusive content from the community members. The tool is recommended mainly for projects where the mobile experience is a top priority.
- Circle – Clean and simple design with clear content hierarchy: you choose “spaces” (organized in “groups of spaces”) from the side menu bar and create or comment posts in these spaces. Exceptionally flexible platform with an option to project diverse communities in a single zone. Circle is designed to allow you to get various realizations thanks to its functionalities even in periods of low creativity. You will find tools connected to blank creation options for getting into closed spaces, CMS integration and online courses feature.